* I started long distance riding in 1990, in Scotland.
* I have been participating in audax rides since 2007.
* I am from the UK but I have been living in Brussels since 2012.
* I organise 2 or 3 audax/randonneur rides from Tervuren per year.
* I cover approximately 9000 kilometers per year by bike.
* I am no expert, but I do enjoy making and riding routes. I hope you enjoy some of them.
About these rides
* All the rides have been ridden and checked by me (but please read the disclaimer).
* The 200k and 300k rides run as randonneur rides from time to time. Please check the home page for the next organised ride.
What is Audax ?
noun: audax; plural noun: audaxes
* a type of long-distance road cycling event in which participants must navigate a route within a specified period of time.
* In reality, the maximum speed allowed (to prevent a race) is an average of 30kph. The minimum is 15kph. This might not sound like much, but once the clock starts, it does not stop. Included in the average is food and control stops, any mechanical issues you might have, sleeping (on 600k rides, for example) and no extra time is given for the hills or weather conditions.
If the first control is 60k from the start and the start time is 8am, then the control opens at 10am and closes at midday.